new classes

Friday, May 6, 2011


So happy that spring is finally here ... and summer is just around the corner. I am soooo looking forward to weekends at the cottage with family and friends. With that in mind ... I have just updated my class website with my new classes for the rest of this month and June.

I have three new classes that will be offered in June ...


"live, laugh, love" is going to be a fun and inspiring mixed media workshop that will teach you all of the techniques that I used to create the Judy lampshade that I talked about here.  The finished project would make a nice piece of wall art for a child's room.


"enjoy life ... this is not a dress rehearsal" is another mixed media project that I just loved designing. It's a mix of everything that I love ... a great quote, fashion and vintage details. In this class we will use a Tim Holtz judy and combine it with linen, ribbon, lace and vintage rhinestones to make our own "little black dress".


And this last class is a special one because I am only going to offer it one time and for five people. I've been making these funky bracelets for about a month now ... I was very inspired by Ann Tatum whom I read about in my current issue of  Somerset Studio's GreenCraft magazine. Ann has been making jewellery from vintage findings and her measuring tape bracelets inspired me to finally use the Tim Holtz measuring tape ribbons that I had been holding onto just waiting for that "perfect" project. In this class I'll share with you how I adapted Ann's original idea to create my own versions of these unique little bracelets. Because we will be using some of my vintage findings in this project, I only have enough materials to make five of this exact design.

All of my samples are on display at Scrapbook Queens now ... I just updated my little area at the front of the store!

There is still room in three of classes on Saturday May 14th ... Scrapbook Queens will be celebrating National Scrapbook Month in the store that day with a Queens Crop as well ...





I will be taking time off from teaching this summer but plan to start some new classes in the fall ... I'll keep you posted on those dates and new projects sometime in August!

If you are in Mississauga this Saturday be sure to check out Scrapbook Queens' Garage Sale ... I dropped off a couple of boxes of goodies yesterday and I noticed a lot of great stuff!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend!

Ohhh ... I almost forgot to tell you! If you like the digital scrapbooking elements that I used to show you my new June classes ... you can find them at Design House Digital! They have a free blog hop for this amazing kit ...


The Design House Digital website is down right now ... too much traffic? ... but you can get to the blog hop by visiting Robyn Meierotto's blog and "hopping" from there to the other great digital artists' blogs! This kit is great ... lots of great colours and elements ... I'm going to use it to digitally scrapbook my Mother's day pictures!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!