Pumpkinfest

Friday, October 15, 2010


yippeee ... it's "Pumpkinfest" weekend and I'm so excited that my girls are still into fall fairs and family traditions. Pumpkinfest takes places in a small town near our cottage called Waterford. We have been going to this for over 10 years and we always attend on Saturday so that we can watch the parade. I found this amazing article today on taking Halloween photos, you can find it here, and it reminded me that I should get my camera batteries charged up today so that I'm ready tomorrow!


I was looking through last year's photos and I realized that I better look for Robyn's pumpkin hat ... not just because I know she will want to wear but if I don't find it today I will forget tomorrow and we'll have to buy a new one at the fair (if they still have them!).


Do you have any Halloween or fall traditions at your house? Let me know in the comments section ... I'd love to hear how other families spend their time together!


And for my studio friends ... this has been a busy "short" week for me because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Most of my time in my studio has been spent working on a website to promote my classes and workshops at Scrapbook Queens. The site went "live" yesterday although I'm still working on it and adding dates, etc. but at least it's a start! It's a free wix website (so easy to create if you are a beginner like me!) ... please check it out at www.wix.com/lorrieeveritt/studio and let me know what you think!

13 comments:

  1. That pumpkin festival looks like super fun! Good luck on your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Photos Lorrie..Love The Colorful Pumpkin Displays! As Well As The Pretty Mommie And Daughter Models! I'll definitely check out your workshop. Here's wishing you the best of success with it. Have A Wonderful Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family and my SIL's family each year get together at the same pumpkin patch and take pictures. Her oldest is 9 and mine is 6 and this is the 6th year we will do it. It's really fun and such a great way to keep track of how much they grow in a year. Plus, the grandparents would kill us if we didn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures. As a family, we always used to go pick apples and that was great for getting into the fall spirit. Love your daughter's pumpkin hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkinfest looks like so much fun... love the pumpkin hat! :) Your site looks fantastic! What a great tool for people to learn about your classes. You did a great job!! Thanks for the peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic with all the wacky pumpkins in the background, super cute. We go to an awesome pumpkin patch every year and on Halloween night we make apple cider donuts. The website looks awesome! If I lived close by I would definitely take your class. :)
    ♥Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - who carves all those pumpkins!? LOL. It does look like a great celebration - there is a farm a couple of hours from where we live that hosts hayrides and pumpkin painting - they have a maze and a "play hay barn" to name just a few of the activities...they are open every weekend in October...thanks for sharing about the free wix site - I will be checking that out next : ).

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. love seeing all your wonderful creations and these Fall photos! Our family enjoys carving the pumpkins and decorating the outside of the house for the kids to enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. luv the wix site and your pumpkin fest pictures look so chilly as they should, I'm just not quite ready for constant cold ... Hope you had a very Happy TG day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the pumpkinfest looks such fun. Sadly in the UK our Autumnal celebrations are much more understated affairs.... which is a real shame in many ways.
    Wishing you all the very best with your workshop.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the feedback everyone. It sounds like a lot of us have "pumpkin" related yearly traditions.

    FYI the pumpkins behind us are all carved by local children in their schools. The farmers in the area donate the pumpkins to the schools every year and they are all displayed on these massive "tree" forms with shelves to hold them. They have one really large pumpkin tree (the one in my top pic) an a bunch of smaller ones! It's amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks like such a fun tradition for the fall! hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that tower of pumpkins. We really enjoy going to local pumpkin patches and carving pumpkins each year. And its all extra special because my daughter's birthday is Halloween. Thanks for sharing the link to the Halloween photo tips. I look forward to checking it out.

    ReplyDelete