Life is about creating yourself ...

Monday, May 3, 2010


"Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself."

I used this quote on a collage that I recently made for my daughter's room. I think that it is a great quote to be seen and remembered daily.

I signed up for Kelly Rae Robert's ecourse last night ... it is called "flying lessons: tips and tricks to help your creative business soar" ... and I can't wait until the end of the month for the course to start!

 

I've been a fan of Kelly Rae Roberts since I found her book last summer ...


"Taking Flight" was the book that I inspired me after my brain surgery. I took it with me to read while I was in the waiting rooms at the hospitals and doctor's offices. It's a great book that inspires your creative spirit and  Kelly explains many of the techniques that she uses in her collages. I'm sure that Kelly's ecourse will be just as inspiring and she will have lots of tips on how to create and sell ourselves. If anyone else is taking this ecourse, please let me know ... I have a feeling that the course is going to be full of really talented people that I can't wait to connect with.

I'm also really excited about some news that I found out a couple of weeks ago. One of my projects involving vintage crystals is going to be featured in GreenCraft magazine this summer ...

 

GreenCraft is one of the newer Somerset Studio magazines and I love how it inspires us to give materials a second chance whether they are everyday materials or vintage pieces that are restyled. I'm not going to say what the project is just yet but I've been decorating and crafting with vintage findings for years and it's one of the pieces that created quite a while ago for our Christmas tree. I can hardly wait to see how they photograph my piece ... I find the Somerset Studio magazines to be as beautiful to look at as they are to read.

 Here's a couple of the my recent collages that I incorporated some of my vintage finds ...


"art washes away the dust of everyday life" has some vintage crystals that I hung from the bottom of the wooden canvas ... hey, a girl can never have too much bling! ...


... the dress on my "enjoy life" collage has vintage rhinestone straps and the dress hanger is "attached" to a vintage crystal button.

I'm so glad that I had the courage to add a vintage brooch to
Robyn's collage (the first picture on this post) ... my Mother gave me the brooch a number of years ago although I'm not sure if it was hers or my grandmothers. I don't believe that the jewellery is of great value but I do know that it is seen more here on my art than it was when I kept it in a box in my drawer. I've passed the jewellery onto my daughter in a way that I think she will appreciate more when she is older (as well as right now)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!